6.03.2008

more exploring

Today, mom and I found the Library. It is huge with an incredible children's section. We also went to the park again for QB to get some outside play time. We have become Masters of the subway system. Everything is really well marked in English, and it is actually pretty easy to get around. Our plan is to go out every morning and be back for QB's nap. It was raining when we left, but cleared up by the time we were outside walking. We are proud of ourselves for what we have been finding-good shops and restaurants and other sights. We are going to try to master the double decker buses next.

Last night Lindsey and I had dinner with a few people at the firm, while my mom stayed back with Quinn. One girl wanted to take us to an Indian restaurant. It was in THE sketchiest places I have ever been to (and I've been to some sketchy places in my life). The food was edible and I tried almost all of it, but we feared for our lives as we exited down the broken tiled back staircase with standing water on the floor. Most places I have been to in HK are really nice, but this was just for the experience of the authentic food, I guess.

I am trying to upload pictures of our apartment but they are not coming through. Hopefully soon you will get some.

1 comment:

Jessica Taylor said...

Hey Sara! So glad you all made it safely. I pray your sleeping schedule evens out soon. If you need some REALLY GOOD American food, go over the Grand Hyatt by the port and the convention center - they have amazing normal food, and they also have a delicious tea and dessert bar at 4:00 pm everyday. There are some great parks for QB to play in the area as well. Go vist the Jade Market and the Porceline Factory - great finds!

I hope you had a great birthday!!

Love you!

Jess