6.26.2008

random outing

OK, there is this guy that works for the Firm with Lindsey here in HK. Apparently he had a friend-girl come to town to visit for 10 days, and of course he has to work. So she was left to fend for herself, and I was asked MANY times if I wanted to hang out with her. I honestly felt bad saying no. It's not like I have a lot of plans anyway. So, this morning Reet (a 5'10'' ballet dancer from Estonia) and I hung out. I hope it makes you smile to picture QB and I hanging out with a tall blond European wearing a white mid-drift tank-top with a black bra. She was a very sweet girl. :) It was terrible weather again, so I wasn't sure exactly what we were going to do. Well, when I met her, she said she wanted to go to the Peak (you ride a 15 min train up the mountain to some shops and restaurants). So I went for my 3rd time to the peak. You couldn't see anything because the mountain was covered in clouds. It really wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound. We did have good conversation and went into some good shops. It was just random. I mentioned getting some lunch while we were up there, but I don't think ballerinas really eat because about noon, she said she wanted to get tea. I said sure, and we had coffee and she ate a croissant. Luckily I had brought plenty of snacks for QB and he did great the whole time. Except that he had two dirty diapers while we were there and I had only brought one clean one. (I found a place to buy more though.) After doing some shopping, I said at 1:30 that I needed to go put QB down for a nap. I grabbed him some more food for lunch and headed back down the mountain. She stayed up there for more shopping. I know nothing is random, and it was one of those divine appointments (as my mom reminded me this morning). Anyway, it was definitely another interesting adventure in HK to add to my repertoire.

No comments: