6.17.2008

my cell phone

I have a confession. At home we use 1500 minutes on our cell phone each month, and the truth is that they are used mostly by ME. We don't have a house phone, but even I know that is a little excessive to talk on my cell each month. I am a very social person, and I love the convenience of being able to pick up my phone at any time of the day and call my mom, mother-in-law, sisters, a friend. It is in the truest sense, my security blanket. When it gets a little quiet during the day, or I get a little bored, or I am out running errands, I call someone. What did I do before the cell phone? I can't remember.
That is until this summer. I actually do have a cell phone here. We have it for me for safety reasons. The problem is I only have one number programed in it that I can call-Lindsey's work number. And while I can call him during the day, it should be for a reason and not "just to chat". So when I get a little bored or lonely during the day, everyone else in the world that I want to call, is asleep. I am able to talk for free on my computer in the mornings and evenings, so I am thankful for that.
So the moral of the story is this: I miss my cell phone. Actually I miss the social interaction that the phone provides. The good news is two fold: 1-it is only three weeks that I don't have an adult to hang out with all day, 2-God really can and will teach me through this. I know that I always rely too much on others for my security and fulfillment in life. While God has given us people as gifts, he wants to ultimately be ALL THAT WE NEED. So Lord, you've got three weeks, I'm willing to learn. :)

A few people had asked about my growing belly. It's not much to write home about, but I am 22 weeks.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Hey Sara! I miss talking to you on the phone and pray that the Lord will use this time, as I'm sure He is! I really enjoy hearing all the updates, fun times, struggles, and details of what you are going through. Hang in there. Michael is around everything familiar and we are working on the same things!! I can imagine that it's only amplified for you...lots of prayers for all parents! Good thing the blessings outweigh the challenges.
Love you,
Bridget

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Hey Sara! I just found your blog! I can totally see how it would be hard not to have your cell phone. I would sooo be the same way. Seriously, what did we do before cell phones? We are excited about moving back to T-town and getting to hang out with y'all. I'm assuming you know about us moving there for Jeff to be director. Anyway, I am only 4 weeks behind you in my pregnancy so it will be fun to have newborns together. Hope the next 3 weeks go well while you are there!

Rachel Norris

Ann said...

Hey Sara! I read one of your first blogs about your flight over. I'll have to be honest, it kind of made me hyperventilate(sp?) a little. But it sounds like Quinn did great. It looks like you're having a great time. What a blessing that your mom was able to come! I'm so excited for you guys that you're having a girl. I don't know if Laura told you, but we're expecting our third. I think we'll try to keep it surprise this time since we already have one of each. Thanks for all your posts. Love hearing about Hong Kong! -Ann B.

KK said...

You look GREAT! I miss you and your encouragement but I love keeping up with y'all on the blog! There is much to catch up on when you return! Cannot wait to meet Baby Girl Boney!!!! Just wanted to say hi!
Kimberly Kilpatrick

Jack said...

Sara, I'm the same way with my cell. Hope you're enjoying your time there and you look great preggers!

The Boney's said...

You look awesome! We miss yall and can't waiit to see yall soon!

Leslie Harwell said...

Hey girl, I really miss our talks on the phone. And I agree, I am totally lost without my cell. I hope you have a great next three weeks and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Cant wait to hang out in a month or a little over.

LWB said...

Look at how good you look - such a tiny belly!

xoxo