It has rained a little bit everyday we have been here, but today it rained a lot! We still got out though. Here's a funny story of what we did:
We actually had a casting to be in a Hong Kong Cannon camera commercial. Here's how it happened...
Two nights ago, we were meeting Lindsey at this Mexican restaurant in this hip part of town. We were standing outside, when two girls came up to us and asked us if we wanted to be in a commercial for Cannon. This kind of stuff actually happens often in China, so I was cautious. We'll they took our pictures and later I checked out their website. The group is legit and does some pretty big time commercials. So we went in today and got sized up and photographed. It seems like they really want my mom to be a grandmother in the commercial. So, Quinn and I might not get our big break this time, but something might come up later in the summer. I will let you know if mom gets the part.
Everyone has been asking me about my sleeping: I am doing really well. As of today, we have been here a exactly one week and I am sleeping about 8 hours every night. Praise the Lord! At first I was waking up at 2 or 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. Quinn is sleeping even better, getting about 11 hours a night and a good nap in the afternoon, so we are all thankful for that.
Someone wanted to know about the apartment: We are in what Hong Kong calls a furnished service apartment. Because there are so many people here on short term business (like us), they stay in places like this rather than a hotel.
Daily, I think to myself "this is not China", just because it is so different from CQ, where we lived before. I felt like this especially last night when I was eating Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream standing in the nicest mall I have ever been to with Gucci, Prada, Tiffany, Armani, and lots of other famous designers that I can't even pronounce.
We have a full weekend ahead of us. Saturday is Quinn's 2nd birthday. Sunday is the Dragon Boat Festival, which Lindsey is riding in the competition for his firm. Monday, Lindsey is off work and we are going to Disney Land HK! Stay tuned.
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

2 comments:
Happy Early 2nd Birthday to Quinn and happy late birthday to you Sara. I am glad your day was good. That will be funny if your mom gets that role. Have a blast at Disneyland HK!
Look at you! Living life like a local in a foreign country; you are amazing! So glad to hear things are going so much better. Ahh, a good night's sleep makes all the difference, doesn't it? And thank goodness that Quinn is passing that part of the trip with flying colors. Such a funny thing about the commercial and your mom; maybe I need to get her autograph the next time we see her. :)
xoxo
Post a Comment