6.01.2008

sleep, food, and walking

Those might be my three biggest adjustments for the week, maybe even the summer.

With sleeping, we are all doing better each night. I even slept till 4:30 this morning. Yeah! There is a big thunderstorm right now, so the lightning and thunder woke me up. Quinn is doing well and hasn't gotten sick anymore. He has been extremely fussy though, so I am hoping that will go away after a week. I guess it is just because he is so tired during the day.

Food-I was feeling picky before I left with just being pregnant, and I feel like that has been amplified here. We have only eaten western food so far partly to help QB adjust and partly because we don't know what to order here. When we lived here before, we spoke Mandarin, but in HK, they speak Cantonese. It is a completely different language and I can't speak a word. Most places, you can order in English anyway. I'm sure we will branch out in the next few days. We will have plenty of time to do it.

It would be the same living in NYC...you take public transportation or walk everywhere. From my apartment I can walk to Starbucks, McDonalds and the grocery store-I'm sure these will be our most frequent stops this summer. On weather.com, it says that it is going to rain all week. So that will be interesting for getting around the city. Also, HK does not win the award for being the most stroller friendly cities. So often I have to go up or down a big flight of stairs to get to the subway. I'm gonna get in shape!

By the way, I may have mentioned how small our apartment is, but it is 800 Sq. Ft. With three adults and a kid, there is not much room in here. We are making do and I'm sure it will begin to feel like home. I will post pics soon.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Hey friend! Hope you get some serious rest soon. Maybe the rain will make for some good nap times! Hope you had a special birthday. Glad the plane ride went well and is behind you.
Love ya,
Bridget

Tawnya said...

Hey Sara! Glad you guys had a good trip! I hope Quinn adjusts soon...I'm sure it's a lot for the little guy! Hope you catch up on your rest too. Can't wait to see pictures! Have a great week! T & G

Unknown said...

3 adults and a child...but still cramped.

we're really having fun and adjusting to life in the big city.