6.24.2008

Swimming!

We had a new, fun experience at the Victoria Park pool today. It is a public pool that you pay about $2.50 to get in to and the best part it that it is very clean! Quinn had not really been swimming since Spring Break, so it was so fun to have him back in the water. They had a baby pool and a kids pool and we went back and forth between the two. I bought him some arm floaties and he loved them. He loved jumping off the side the most and kept saying "I do it myself". Mr. Independent. One highlight for me was getting some adult interaction. I talked with several moms-America, Canadian, Japanese, and QB was able to play with other kids. I feel like he is going to regress in sharing and playing because he hasn't gotten to play with other kids much. :( Anywho, I'm sure we will be going back to the pool on our next sunny day. We have tropical storm headed our way, so it might start raining again. Lindsey heard an 80 year old Hong Kong woman say she had never seen it rain so much here. I guess we picked a good time to come.

On another quick note, last night I made a disaster dinner of chicken fetticine alfredo. I don't know if it was the hard noodles, the yucky chicken or just that I'm pregnant. Lindsey was gracious and ate most of his bowl. I barely touched mine. After dinner, we walked to McDonalds to eat McFlurries. I am worried that I haven't gained any weight, so I am trying to eat a little more ice cream everyday. Not a bad problem to have. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, ice cream!! I think the mind the step sign behind Quinn's head is hilarious!

Leslie Harwell said...

I miss you coming to the Homewood pool with us. So glad yall got to go to the pool there. Did you get to see Andrew and Elizabeth this past weekend? I miss them. It is so good to hear about the relationships that yall started and to know where they are now. I am glad yall got to go visit where you used to live. Miss you and love you, Leslie