Today was especially a stair day. QB and I went to the Bird Garden and Flower Market. We also tried to go to the Goldfish Market too, but the stairs and not enough time played into our decision about that. There were lots of birds (in cute chinese cages) and lots of flowers. The bird market was the first place this summer that I felt a tad nauseous from the smell. Overall, I was glad we went, but maybe not a place to go back to though.
I wanted to back up from the last few days about a couple of other things that we did. I had previously written about Saturday and our trip to Ocean Park. On Sunday, we went to church that morning. Another highlight of the day was H&M. If you have never been to one, it is a clothing store that is inexpensive and only in large cities. This one had babies, kids, and maternity clothes, so I will definitely be heading back over there.
We have had several friends in town. I mentioned the Martins in a previous post. We got to see them almost every day they were here (about 5). Also two other guys that we knew from our time in China are in town, and one is sleeping on our couch. So that has been enjoyable to see other faces and hang out with them.
July 1 was HK independence day, so Lindsey didn't have to work! We had a great family day, and all went to the pool. it has finally stopped raining. It was said that this was the rainiest June in Hong Kong since 1884. So glad we got to experience that! There were clear skies only 6 days last month. I hope our two weeks here in July will be sunny and hot, so far we have had two days of sun. Yeah!

1 comment:
Oh the stairs...at least you are getting some good exercise right?! We move into the new house (pretty close to y'all I think) on June 21. We are looking forward to hanging out with y'all when we get there!
Post a Comment