7.04.2008

just another day-Happy 4th!

The man at the front desk in the lobby of our building did wish me a "Happy Independence Day", but other than that, it has felt like just another day in HK. I can't complain, because Lindsey was off work for July 1st, celebrating Hong Kong's return to China.

I was trying to think of something to DO to celebrate with QB today, and all I thought of was waving some US flags, wearing red, white and blue and eating some watermelon. Maybe after his nap, we could do the later.

Usually July 4th is a time to be with friends and family, eat some good food, and watch some fireworks-that's at least what I think of. Last year we were in Birmingham and had a bunch of people over to grill out. The year before that we were in Auburn and took QB (less than a month old) in the Baby Bjorn to watch fireworks. He slept through the whole thing. This is actually not Lindsey or I's first July 4th in China. Back in 1998, after our freshmen year, we were both here on a summer project. I remember eating KFC and Oreo cookies which was a real treat in CQ back then. It's fun to think back on all that, knowing that this year too will be a year to remember in some way.

"Happy Independence Day" to each of you.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hey Sara! You made me remember my 4th spent in China as well. You were there too, because I'm pretty sure I have a picture with you. I remember having friend chicken and watermelon over at our CQ#2 campus. Fun memories! Anyway, hope you had a good fourth!