7.17.2008

jet lag is pure torture

I just want to preface that I am about to complain...
I know that it took us about a week to get over jet lag in HK, so I'm trying to be patient, but after three nights back, I am dieing. Actually I should be taking a nap right now instead of writing this. It does seem worse now than it did when we flew over there. My child who was sleeping 8pm to 8am is now up for hours in the middle of the night. I can understand because I woke up at 4am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep either. The positive is that I got a lot done. Last night I left QB from 4-5 am in his bed in the pitch black, before finally going in there to rock him and sing to him. At that point he did go back to sleep for a couple more hours. The night before I made the mistake of putting him in my bed. You just don't make good decisions at 3 in the morning. Anyway, we were awake in the bed together from 3-5am. Then we went back to sleep for 45 more min.

Ok, enough of that broken record.
A few more positives: I woke of thinking about Chikfilia in the wee morning hours, and we all went to eat it on our first day back. Being with my family is always so fulfilling. Laura (my sister), Jarod and Grayson are here as well.

Ok, off to take that nap.

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

sorry it's been so bad jo. at least there is chick-fil-a to redeem the lost hours of sleep. this is just prep for late october when baby girl gets here:)

love you.
sb

mrchrishill said...

Sara, It is fun to see your adventures in HK. I was there only briefly for a missions trip and we had a couple days in HK that really just made me more interested in what life would be like for me to live there.

Good to see you and Lindsey are doing so well and soaking in the good things of life. I found you through your post on Jenny's blog.

Check out the growing hill family:
mrchrishill.blogspot.com
misscarolinehill.blogspot.com

Mary Beth said...

Oh no! I know your pain! I was only in Taiwan for a week and I feel the pain. I was told it takes 1 day for every hour of the time change - which I told myself was absolutely crazy - but I am afraid it might be true. I have been home a week now and still have to take a nap everyday.... maybe being pregnant is an added pressure to us both?? Hope you recover quickly!