A few nights ago, Lindsey and I ate at a new Mexican restaurant. It wasn't a high-end place, but better than just your average run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant. It was somewhere in the middle. All summer, I have known and experienced how expensive Hong Kong can be, but for some reason, this restaurant tipped the scale for me. Here was the breakdown of what we ordered. I converted it to US dollars from HK dollars:
Coke (no refills) $3.84
Margarita $7.56
Queso and Chips $6.67
Two tacos (snapper) (for LB) $17.70
Plain Cheese Quesadilla (for QB) $8.33
Chicken Fajitas (for SB) $18.20
Cheese for fajitas (small bowl) $4.10
10% service charge (automatic) $6.67
TOTAL: $73.00 (wow!)
Moral of the story: I'm eating PB&J more often!
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

1 comment:
Sara -
I have really enjoyed keeping up with y'all in Hong Kong. I can totally understand your shock when the bill comes at dinner. We've had several meals that I would compare to DePalmas or Cypress Inn that have cost $100 - totally outrageous! I hope y'all have a great week! See you in Tuscaloosa in August!
Post a Comment