This was taken from the top of the tram, going down the road.
After our romantic dinner, the grapes drenched in liquor.
Thanks to Susan who stayed behind with QB, Lindsey and I were able to go out last night just the two of us. We started the evening on a tram ride that was hosted by his firm. It was literally a moving party. We were on an open double decker electric street car or tram. They served drinks and snacks while we enjoyed chatting with some of Lindsey's associates.
After the tram ride (about an hour and a half ), Lindsey and I treated ourselves to a really nice dinner at Gaia Ristorante. It has outdoor seating by these fountains near our home. We have walked past there all summer and have always wanted to go. We finally got our chance! We had a wonderful meal, and enjoyed processing the summer together and thinking ahead to this next year. I can't believe it's our last year in law school! At the end of the meal, as you can see in the picture, they bring out their signature grapes. I don't know exactly what they were marinated in, but it was strong. I ate half of one and had to take it back out.
Even though we only have a few more nights here, we are going to try to make it out for one more date. When we leave HK, Lindsey is going to work in NYC for 2 weeks, so I'm thankful for this time just us.

3 comments:
What a fun summer! It was great to hear from you! I was sick with Mallory til at least 16 weeks, maybe longer. I do know I was feeling better about the time we found out she was a girl. Hope your pregnancy is going well! Take care!
How wonderful for you guys to have a night to yourselves! Hope you get another one before you're apart for two weeks!
I was reading another friend's blog and I came across yours! I think that makes me what they call a "blog-stalker"? Anyhow, I was excited to read about your adventures in Hong Kong and to see pictures of Quinn - my he's handsome! Mark and I think of y'all often! I will continue to keep up with your blog - congratulations on the new baby girl!
Post a Comment