10.15.2009

vocab lesson

Today as Quinn was walking in from the back yard, he declared that the yard was very LEAVEROUS. When I asked him what that meant, he said that was when there are a lot of leaves on the ground.
A little later, as we were making a birthday card for Caroline, he was talking about something being PINKLISH. When I asked him for clarification, he said assertively, "that means hosanna in chinese." Good to know.

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is Caroline's first birthday!

7 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Oh that Quinn! And NO I cannot believe miss Caroline is ONE tomorrow. That means I only have 3 more weeks until Abs big day! They are growing up TOO FAST!!! Miss you!

Anna said...

That is hilarious Sara! I love funny Quinn stories.

Sarah Armstrong said...

Mark and I have just laughed out loud at that story. It takes us both back to 1999 when Lindsey used the words "proverbial cornucopia" to describe something during our CWE summer. (My mind fails me, but I think he might have been referring to himself as a "proverbial cornucopia of Auburn knowledge!?) Seems that Quinn may be as verbose as his daddy! Such a great story!

Amber said...

Quinn is precious! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINE!!!!!

mrchrishill said...

Awesome lesson to keep in mind. Thank for my daily dose of culture. Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline!

Anonymous said...

Sara that is hilarious!!! Quinn is so funny!!!

(so glad to be out of lurkerville :) )

The Millers said...

....makes me miss all the Quinn-isms. :)