I'm talking about Quinn's OBSESSION with baseball! This week baseball season started, and the Braves opening day was last weekend. Most nights there is a game on TV, and most nights we are watching it. LCB and I love the Braves, and we always enjoy watching some of the game or at least having it in the background while we do other stuff.
Quickly, Quinn learned all the players' names, and you would think he was actually at the ballpark while he is watching it. He cheers for each player: "Come on Chipper Jones. Get a hit. Way to go Chipper". He is either glued to the game or playing baseball in the living room. His favorite players right now are Chipper, Brian McCann, and Jordan Shaffer. Also when we are playing baseball in the yard during the day, he will tell you which Braves player he is, while I have to be the Phillies. [Side note: LCB promises that one time last week, unprompted, QB said: "I'm Tommy Hawk. OK, Tommy Hawk - get a hit!" Note the resemblance to "tomahawk"....] He wears an old Braves cap of mine that looks just like their caps. Sometimes, he goes with LCB's Boston Red Sox cap, but since he doesn't know those players, he just makes up names at this point as well.
The only problem with this obsession is that obviously Quinn can only watch a couple innings before it is bed time. He left the living room in tears several nights because he wanted to keep watching it. He was so upset last night because there was a rain delay. We have tried to explain to him that (no worries) they will be on tomorrow night. I know some parents have to balance wanting their child to like certain activities and excel in them (all the while pressing them to practice constantly) with encouraging them in what they love. But I can assure you, there's only so much time in the day that I can play baseball, and I am trying to indulge/encourage QB's passion without driving myself crazy with baseball.
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

1 comment:
That Quin is something else! Hope y'all have a great Easter!
Post a Comment