10.25.2010

I need to be in a support group

and it will be called, "I don't know how to clean house anonymous". It has always been a weak area for me that reaches far back into my childhood. Thankfully I did not marry a neat freak, and it does not affect my marriage on a regular basis. Lindsey is very helpful, but I know the house and it's cleanliness is one of my responsibilities. This past weekend, Lindsey and I were feeling the weight of a messy house that we couldn't climb out from underneath. So, I devised a plan and I'm sharing it with ya'll now. I have heard of other people breaking down the house by days of the week. I have never tried it, so I am giving it a go. Today was day one. So far so good. Some days I might be just picking up, and other days it might need a deeper clean.

Monday-our bedroom. This is one of my major problem areas. I don't put clothes away and so they end up everywhere.
Tuesday- the Living room and dining room
Wednesday- BATHROOMS!
Thursday- the kids rooms (with their help)
Friday- the kitchen
Weekends- laundry and papers (papers is another problem spot for me)

Everyday- I will clean the kitchen after dinner (with LCB's help) and straighten up the living room before Lindsey walks in the door. I have 15 min, from the time he calls saying he's leaving his office to the time he walks in the door.

I have a new motivation, that I am hoping last. So is my family!

6 comments:

The Boney's said...

Love the idea! I will be in your support group! The papers is what is out of control in our house. They just keep coming and I have no time or space to put them away! BTW- Your house is adorable and neat every time I come!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

This is great Sara! It's so hard to keep a clean house with small children. I struggle too. I also have a days of the week type of plan that includes some cleaning, laundry, and filing papers (a real weak point for me). Hope it works well for you!!!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

oh Sara, i totally need to do your plan! maybe i'll start today...

Kim said...

totally agree about paper. i almost dread the mail everyday bc i know more things are coming that i have no where to put them even though i know they need to be dealt with.

i have also found it works to do the same type of cleaning in a day like all dusting one day, then all the vacuuming one day etc...

always a battle!

Anna said...

Let us know how your plan works! I need inspiration for our house.

Emily said...

I like it, Sara! I'm looking at a stack of laundry waiting to be folded and two bathrooms due to be cleaned today, and I'm freshly motivated by your plan. I also like how you're involving Caroline and QB.