3.15.2010

orphanage 34

Today was our first day at the orphanage. We were working primarily in the a classroom with 10 kids that are autistic or have other serious disabilities. I started out with a little girl Alena whom has cerebral palsy. I helped her during her snack and took her outside to play. The teachers are not able to take the kids outside because there are too many of them to keep up with. So it was such a joy to see the smile on their faces swinging on the swings and going around on the merry-go-round. Now don't picture an American playground...this one is very dirty. In the afternoon I played with the sweetest girl, Tanya. She doesn't talk, but she sure can smile and hug. We came back to our hotel to shower, and now we are going to dinner. Till tomorrow!

2 comments:

chbaker said...

Praying for all of you. Can not wait to hear about the trip. I can just picture where you are and what you are doing. So wish I was there. So glad you could go.

Leslie Harwell said...

So awesome! Wow, I bet that was great to see her face once yall went outside to play! Thanks for the updates! Praying for yall!