6.03.2009

it takes another poker night...

I haven't been blogging very much, so I thought I would tonight while Lindsey had some guys over to play poker. I am "hiding" in the back. :)

I don't know why I haven't blogged lately. Maybe I was waiting for "just the right thing" to write about that other people would care about reading. Maybe I was waiting for some pictures to put in there. Maybe I was trying to think of something to say that would be humorous or inspiring. Well, this is neither. My life has been very normal and routine, so I don't know if anyone cares about reading about Vacation Bible School, a little beach trip, cooking meals, hanging out with my kids and husband, turning 30, still thinking about houses and watching HGTV, planning for QB's birthday this weekend, staying behind on phone calls to friends, and staying up too late doing nothing. I am very content with my life right and actually think it is splendid, but I don't know if others care about reading about it. I will still write about it anyway. :)

About that turning 30 thing...I did have a great birthday. Some friends took me to dinner at Hot and Hot in Birmingham Friday night and then on Sunday (my actual birthday), we had a real low-key family day. The sweetest thing was that Lindsey put together a book of notes from my friends and family filled with encouragement and memories. He really planned ahead, and I was super impressed. I spent a lot of time that day just reading through them. Thanks to all the people that took the time to write. I really appreciated it.

I thought I would leave you this evening with some random thoughts about my life. These are some things I'm really into right now. You can call it Sara's favorite things.:
-I am a little obsessed with my kids. QB has been super cute this week at VBS. He really loves the music and doing all the motions. Caroline has 3 sounds now "baba" "dada" and "mama". I love hearing "my name".
-If you haven't seen the show Stagers on HGTV, it's worth TVOing.
-Lindsey's parents have a condo in Daulphin Island, AL that they rent out. We went over Memorial weekend, and it was so great. I think all of you should rent their place their summer. You would love it too.
-Five guys. Ate there for lunch. So good.
-Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I just had some. :)
-Planning parties. We are having a cookout for QB'd birthday this weekend. It will mostly be centered around sports and games. We are also having a PINATA!
-bermuda shorts
-Buy one get one Free at Publix (especially Earth's Best baby food this week).
-Scanning the titles to articles in the Wall Street Journal every day makes me feel smarter.
-Blog surfing (or stalking)

I will keep adding to this list later. To be continued...

2 comments:

JJ said...

i like reading about your life and your favorite things!!

The Thrashers said...

What? Lindsey's parents have a condo at Dauphin Island? How long have they had it? I used to go there with my dad and stepmom A LOT!! Love it!! Chad has been there too. Is is right on the beach?