Things are going really well. Physically I feel like I just had a baby, but it could be worse, I'm sure. Emotionally I am feeling pretty stable. My mom is here now and has been a great help. We have also been showered with meals, so that has made things easy for sure.
Last night Lindsey and I went out just the two of us for coffee and dessert and enjoyed the time to process the week together. I said how I felt more desperate for God in my life right now, and I also had more of an urgency to pray for our kids than ever before.
My mom, Quinn, Caroline and I had our first outing today-we went to the mall. Quinn played on the cars and threw pennies in the fountain. I was able to buy some pants for QB that he really needed, and we all enjoyed Chick-filia for lunch. Other than that, we have mostly been hanging out around the house. Mom and Lindsey have taken QB on a few other outings.
Quinn is doing really well overall. He is being a great helper, and everyday I see him wanting to interact with Caroline more. Tonight before we prayed, Lindsey asked him what he was thankful for. He said "that I'm a big brother and Caroline came out of mom's belly." QB has had more fussy and disobedient moments, and we are trying to make sure his feelings are cared for while demanding obedience. I feel like it is hard for me to do this while I feel physically tired. I am trying to make sure to have time with him that is special for just him and I.
Caroline has made the transition really easy for us. She is sleeping all the time, and even at night. I wake up a couple times to feed her, but other than that we are sleeping well. Tonight could be the night that she wakes up though. :)

9 comments:
Sara, I am so glad yall are doing well. She is sleeping well, that is awesome!!! I got your message on facebook, I completely understand call me when you have a spare minute. Love you!
Caroline is so beautiful!
Congratulations, Sara!!! Can't wait to meet Caroline -- and to see you again. She is so pretty, like her momma'. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you -- I'm only a few miles away, you know. Scott G.
Sara, She is so gorgeous! I can't wait until you all come to Branson so I can meet her. I hope you are having a great day.
Jane
Hey Sara! Congrats on Caroline! She is beautiful. I'm so glad labor and delivery went so well. I was just going to say when Luke was born, Ellie's behavior was really bad for awhile and it was so hard to find the balance b/w discipline and showing her grace b/c of the adjustment she was having to make. Hang in there! Glad your mom is there and you have meals coming.
Congrats Sara - Caroline is beautiful and since I have a little Caroline of my own, I can already tell you that there are two kinds of people in this world: those that like Neil Diamond and those that don't.
Rest up, get better - you're going to be very busy for the next ... eighteen years.
oh my goodness, she is so beautiful!!
The picture is so cute! I can't wait to see her again. I will definitely call this week so EK and I can stop by! I'm glad things are going well:)
She is so adorable!! We are so happy for y'all. Keep the pics coming!
Post a Comment