Caroline's hobby these days is clothes and accessories. With that hobby, comes a definite opinion about what she wants to wear, as well as a love of constant changing. I am trying to pick my battles. I don't want to "fight" all day over clothes, so for the most part, I let her pick out and wear whatever she wants to. We do have a few rules though:
1. I get the final say so on school and church days (that's 3 days)
2. The outfit needs to be weather appropriate and occasion appropriate (like play clothes at the park).
3. She has to help put away the clothes she pulls out. (too bad she doesn't know how to work the washing machine!)
Here is a random average day this week and all the outfits she went through. This does not include the pajamas she had on when she woke up and went to sleep.

she started the day in this outfit (above), but quickly wanted to change after she spilled a drop of applesauce on it :)



the leotard with her pink cowboy boots was what she was wearing when we picked up Quinn from school. (And we actually walk up to the school, not just carpool.)
My Sweet Caroline!


4 comments:
I can so relate to this post and so many that you have written as of late. Sophia went through a stage with "dressing up" and I, too, decided to choose my battles wisely.
I appreciated your post on humbleness. Sometimes I think a good that can come from our kids seeing that we make mistakes is that they see we are fallen too and in need of forgiveness. It's hard to do but you are an awesome mommy to apologize. I think it paves the way for her to do the same with Christ some day....
Love the posts and the blog, as always....
Living vicariously thru you on this one. :)
she is too cute!
this seems like a day at the lee house! but somehow all three of my kids have this obsession. ella has gotten a lot better though, but there are clothes all over our house
Post a Comment