6.27.2010

week 5, discouraging

I'm not sure exactly what it was about this week, but it was definitely my hardest. We had some busy evenings, I had a bad attitude, and one night the ipod went missing. The ipod is now back, and Taylor Swift got me through the last run. I am having to run three nights in a row to catch up so I don't get too far behind.

On an exciting note, I picked out my 5K! I am doing one on August 21st at Homewood High school. If anyone wants to join me...check out the details here. That will actually be two weeks past my 10 week goal, but it was the best one around that time.

On a funny note, Lindsey ran a 5K this weekend, and got 4th! He is a pretty amazing runner! The funny part was they when they announced the winners, they announced his name for 1st place among the women. He stood his ground, and didn't go up to get his award. But thankfully Lindsey has a good sense of humor, and we had a good laugh with our friends that were there.

2 comments:

The Muncies said...

we're signed up in AU on July 10 if you want to come run the plains!!! I've done the route several times now for some of my runs. Still not having that I love this feeling but certainly feeling accomplished! :)

Emily said...

Losing an ipod is definitely a justified impetus for a running hiatus. The most awful thing ever is to get up and start running then realize your ipod is dead! I have almost gone back inside, put my pjs back on and gotten back in bed b/c of a dead ipod! Proud of your running, Sara!