
Two weeks ago Quinn turned his foot and fell one night. It hurt him at the time, but after that he wasn't in any pain, however he did continue to limp on it. The pediatrician recommended to get it checked out and sure enough...he has a broken metatarsal (little bone on the top of foot). He will be in the boot for three weeks. Zero activity was the doctor's order. No running, swimming, etc. So, if anyone has any ideas of what we should do over the next three weeks, please let me know. The doctor said to sit and read books and watch movies, but that can only last so long. Quinn has a great attitude, and we are trying to make it as exciting as possible. I'm sure the reality of no baseball will sink in shortly.
6 comments:
oh sara, i am so sorry! i would definitely check out the free movies on tuesday mornings at the patton creek rave. and i would hit every story time in town. q does look pretty cute in his boot though!
Oh no! Poor Quinn! I had my own boot in March...no fun! I would suggest lots of playdoh, legos, and painting (washable, of course) You might even look at Target for some of the Kumon books to work on his ABCs, writing or even telling time...Quinn is a smart guy and will probably love the books!
Poor guy! Was he hurt at Camp Soos and Pops? Sounds like Quinn needs a road trip to Tampa!
so sorry quinn! I broke my 5th metatarsal when we had our bad wreck last christmas. the good thing is it heals really well and pretty fast!
aw, man. so sorry! he and anna can do nothing together...
I would get a tape recorder and let him pretend to be a news caster and read the newspaper articles into the microphone or record a fav-o-rite short story I fancy an original A.A. Milne version of Winnie the pooh.
Post a Comment