I am trying to grow in the area of joy. I have been convicted this week as I have "preached" to Quinn about having joy and thankfulness in all things, that I haven't been exhibiting those qualities myself. I have actually been having more of a pity-party for myself.
I may have written a while back about some pain I was having in my leg/groin/hip. It has continued to get worse and now I really feel like it constrains my daily activity. I can feel the nagging pain all the time, and it is negatively affecting my sleep. I also have some other normal annoying pregnancy symptoms that I can deal with. I know that I only have two months to go and that this shall pass, but right now it feels like an eternity. I think I have just felt so discouraged about my activity level, not being able to even go walking. I had none of these same issues with my first pregnancy. At this point I was working full time and feeling really well. I am a terrible sicky, but this is my blog so I feel like I have the right to complain on it. :)
Lindsey is doing really well. He was able to stop using his crutches today, but will continue to have to wear the brace for a while (maybe a month). He is still not able to do everything for himself, such as lift things, like QB. This has definitely added to my plight because I end up doing things that I normally don't do or shouldn't do as a pregnant woman, but have to if they are going to get done.
Ongoing is the struggle of learning how to discipline Quinn in a Godly, loving and consistent way. This takes so much emotional energy each day, but I have felt encouraged lately at how he is responding.
In all these things, I know that I need to preach to myself. I have been listening to myself instead of the truth of God's word: pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances, be content, the greatest of these is love, be imitators of Jesus Christ, serve, rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice.
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

1 comment:
Sara, I hope some of your pain will go away soon. That is no fun when also trying to deal with a toddler. I know exactly where you are coming from with the displine thing - it is not easy!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment