In moving from Auburn to Tuscaloosa two years ago, one thing I was concerned about was having fellowship with other like-minded people. We had so many great friends in Auburn, especially with our Crusade staff team. However, I quickly learned that there are great people everywhere (even t-town). After being away for 10 weeks this summer, I feel like I have gained a new appreciation for our friends here.
Yesterday the women of our church had a morning time together, and Barbara Barker (husband is founder of Briarwood) spoke. She is an amazing woman, and it was so great to hear stories from her life. I was so encouraged and moved to tears throughout her talk. Also, I enjoyed just being with so many Godly older women in our church. Once again this morning at church, I cried. I know that I am a little more weepy right now, but our pastor was praying specifically for a lady in her church, Perry. Her husband of 48 years died of cancer this summer while we were away. I had gotten to know her this past spring because we were in the same Bible study and supper club. As I looked at her in church I was burdened for her but also so grateful for the Body that we are apart of in Tuscaloosa. I know that so many people from our church, Trinity, have been loving on Perry since Allen passed away.
We had lunch at Chipotle with our good friends, Matt and Julie Letourneau. I found out that Matt and his staff guys had gone over to Perry's house to do yard work for her, and she baked them all pies. :) It was so fun to be with the Letourneaus at lunch. Our boys are the same age too, and have so much fun together. We had several friends in town graduate this past year or move to NYC (the Cooks!). But God is faithful, and he always provides for us. As I look back on our last 7 years-Auburn, Colorado, China, Auburn and now Tuscaloosa, he has been so gracious to give us great fellowship. I am thankful we have another year to invest and glean from others here before we have to leave.
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

1 comment:
I just loved living in Tuscaloosa and don't think that I will ever experience anything like Trinity again. I was sorry to hear about Perry's husband. Glad those women have been a blessing to you as well!!
Post a Comment