Life with Littles
I have to admit
that I am quite overwhelmed and intimidated by blogging. I am sure that I will
never have a blog of my own because of this. The battle to not compare and to show your true self, is
extremely difficult in this tech age that we live in. Even though many people
find the balance well, I know it is best for me to live without the daily
journaling/updating of having a blog. That said, it is fun to let anyone who
cares into a little snippet of my wild and crazy glorious Life With Littles…….
My cup is full
at the moment with a 4 year old, almost 3 year old, and 1 year old. They are full of energy,
laughs, disobedience, and fun! The
summer is a fun change of pace without a few of our typical weekly activities,
but with all of my kids at home all year, not much changes for us day to day.
Except for a rare occasion, we are home together all day everyday. Even though
I am not signing on any dotted lines about whether or not we are going to
Homeschool indefinitely, for now, I am sure of doing preschool at home. I love
the simplicity of our days, and the fact that every day is different and new.
We are just home…outside picking blackberries, riding the golf cart around the
property, swimming, learning to read, watching letter factory, playing,
pretending, baking, and just doing life together. There is not a lot of guess
work. We do get the itch to go eat lunch out or get together with friends at
the park, but most days I am happy to just be home. I love home.
But we do not
sit around making daisy chains and sharing our toys perfectly and always
speaking kind words to each other. I would love to say that is true, but it is
far from it. We live very messy, very imperfect lives. But we have a Savior
that is so faithful. He gives us a new day full of Grace to begin again, and
try to live more Holy than the day before….to hold my tongue better today than
I did yesterday….to speak to my children gentler and to discipline more
consistently. That is the goal. To be changed.
There are many
of my friends here and in other places that are in this same stage of life, and
so I simply wanted to share a few thoughts and books that have truly impacted
and encouraged my heart lately. I have been struggling with perspective and my
words lately. The Lord, just in the past week has been reminding me through His
words in Proverbs, just how important the tongue is and keeping my mouth
closed. There are so many verses
in Proverbs that speak to the benefit of kind words and to holding your tongue.
I am attempting to hide these words in my heart and teach them to my kids,
because it has been so convicting. His word is such a sharpener in my life.
I have been
extremely encouraged with these 3 books.
![]() |
| Large family Logistics by Kim Brenneman |
![]() |
| Weatherproofing your heart by Gigi Graham Tchividjian |
![]() |
| Loving the Little Years byRachel Jankovic |
They are all
written by moms who wrote down their thoughts while they were in the midst…in
the thick of it. They are not looking back remembering only the sweet moments
but they are knowing the day to day challenges of having young children at
home. One of these books had a chapter titled “Life with Littles” and I
realized that is exactly where I am at. It helped give me perspective on my day
to day routine and expectations of myself and my children. I also love each of
these books because they don’t just say it’s hard and to pull yourself up by
your boot straps and get through it. Instead, these women have pointed me to
Jesus and my constant need to be changed in order to shepherd my children as He
would have me to. It is a big job, but such an unbelievable opportunity and
privilege to be sharpened and transformed myself through these little years.





3 comments:
Well said and straight from the heart. Thanks for being real and pointing us to our Savior! Gammy
Love. Every. Word. I am right there with you. I love and miss you so much! Wish we could live life with our littles next door to one another!
-hayley
I thought I had commented on this post but apparently not! Loved getting to hear from another Galloway lady! Laura I have been doing a study called Coversation Peace this summer and have been convicted too of my tongue and the power that it has. I also just finished reading Loving the Little Years and felt inspired of the important job that God has given me with my kids. Wish we could share some coffee and talk about being moms :) Sara- who's next?! Maybe a picture of Connor could be next :) Love you!
Post a Comment