*Summer Survival Kit: bubbles, new art supplies, sidewalk chalk, dive sticks, water guns, chapter books...Whatever you're kids love to do in the summer. I'm gonna give this to them on our first official day of summer next week.
*Organize: their games, puzzles and art supplies. Sometimes just a new scenery of toys can help them see what they even have to play with.
*Make a list: I used one I found off Pinterest that had "100 things to do this Summer". I also made a list of local activities that we enjoy just to jog our memory. I put these in a place where the kids can see them.
Here are some specific outings on our list (including a bunch of free things):
-Bowling. www.kidsbowlfree.com Seriously, they can bowl two free games a day!
-Library. We go once a week to bring in our list of books we read, and they always give a little prize. There are lots of fun activities throughout the week too.
-Parks (one goal is to go to a couple new places: Ruffner Nature Center and Oak Mt St Park)
-Free Movies (both at a local movie theater during the daytime and at the park on Friday nights)
-Zoo (fountains too)
-Mcwane science museum
-Splash Park
-Botanical Gardens
-Pool
-Fruit picking
-Pepper Place Farmer's Market
-Braves Game
-Brewsters ice cream-kids are always free!
Please leave comments about anything else you are planning for your kids for the summer!

1 comment:
I did not know about free bowling! and we have never done the free movies in the summer because of sara wells. we will have to share a babysitter this summer and take the big kids to a movie.
Post a Comment