Here's a little project I was working on, so I could have it ready for December 1st. It's a little advent calender, with an activity inside each bag to do every day. The kids have been excited to wake up and see what we will do that day. Some are really simple like, "drink hot chocolate" or "read a Christmas book". Some are outward focused like, "buy toys for our Angel Tree kids" or "take food to the Food Bank." And some are just fun things to do together like, "see the trains at Mcwane" or "Go to the Live Nativity". I am personally really excited about a month of fun and preparing for Christmas.
Here's how I made it. I bought 2 yards of burlap from Hobby Lobby. $3.99/yd. (I had extra left over that I used to hang my outside wreaths from). I sewed 25 small bags. Next I stenciled the numbers in red paint. Finally, I hung them on a green string with small clothespins. The idea for this came off pinterest, but I changed some things to make it my own. :)

5 comments:
love this! keep the ideas coming...i think i need to just bite the bullet and get on pintrest/facebook! :)
Cute idea! :)
That's really cute! I am impressed and may have to do this next year :)
what a great idea! the lee's may be doing this next year! that took some serious planning ahead! but i know it is definitely worth it and something the kids will always remember!
LOVE this!
Post a Comment