Katie, my older sister, is truly a remarkable woman. I have always looked up to her and admired her my whole life. She is really an amazing woman and mom. Over the last two years, Katie has been through some extremely tough circumstances that she handles daily with grace, forgiveness, perseverance and hope. Katie is a now a single-mom to Rylie, her 5 year old little girl. Yes, Katie has a lot of support from family, but she is the main one in Rylie's life to give her love, discipline, and fun. She is the main one that gets her ready in the morning, reads to her at night, is her room mom at school, and focuses on them having fun and laughing together. Katie is an amazing mom to Ry. I have so much respect for her. In all her decision making, she always asks "what is best for Rylie?" She constantly dies to herself for her daughter. Rylie is such a great kid, and so enjoyable to be with. That is a direct refection of her mom. Throughout Katie's "trial", she has never doubted the Lord and his sovereignty in her life. She knows that God has an incredible plan for her life, Rylie's life and their relationship together. She is a great example to me of trusting the Lord and finding joy in all circumstances.
I love you, Katie. Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:
I agree with every word! She deserves to be very honored today. You are such a great sister, Sara. Miss you guys! xoxo
Katie's life has been one that shines such BEAUTIFUL, PURE and SWEET light--HIS light. I'm so thankful for her...and oh my goodness...you can already see even in this picture how her love has impacted Rylie and how Rylie also shines radiance like her momma. God is surely with these two...and I know He is going to use them both for His glory!!!! What a sweet post today friend!
Such a great tribute to your sister! Although I don't know Katie personally, she is definitely an inspiration to me as she looks to the Lord!
this is so sweet and so true!
beautiful picture and words. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment