8.08.2010

the race

I did it! I am so thankful I did the couch to 5K, but now I am also glad that it is over. :) It feels great to have accomplished this goal. I seriously went from zero exercise to running 36.40 min straight! (ok, there were two big hills that I had to walk a little.) I first wrote about running here on May 25, and 10 weeks later, check. Ya'll have given me so much encouragement, and just the fact that you knew I was doing this, kept me going many days. I am going to try to keep running, but maybe just a couple times a week for 15-20 min.
my fan club that cheered me on...Q wore his "workout clothes," and said he wanted to see me win. Hope he wasn't too disappointed.
my friend Leslie ran the race with me
relaxing in the shade after we ran
Lindsey was literally behind the camera in every one of these pictures. He was my biggest support and encouragement through this. I have always gone to his races, but now it was his turn to do the cheering. I saw he and the kids at the start, finish, and twice during the race. It was fun to have them there.

14 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

SO awesome!! Way to go Sara!!!

Anna said...

That's amazing! Cole and I were thinking about your race yesterday and wondering how it went. I'm super impressed.

Anne Marie said...

yay!! we thought about you yesterday morning when we woke up! so glad you did it! we had so much fun hanging out with yall the other night! hope we can do it again soon!

Steve said...

That's my girl! I'm so proud of you and I'm sorry that you got my athletic ability but at least your mommas drive;)

Amber said...

YAY! Way to go! So excited for you. I love all the pics :)

The Boney's said...

Yaay! Wow- what an accomplishment! So impressed! Let's chat this week!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sara! Congratulations!

Sarah Beth said...

Congrats Sara! What an awesome accomplishment!

Go and Tell said...

YEA! I'm proud of you...and Leslie!:)
Meg

Mary Esden said...

Wow way to go You are amazing!

Leslie Harwell said...

So fun to run with you!!! And so glad we did it!!! Way to go girl!!!!!!!!

The Muncies said...

woo hoo! when is the next one!? :)

Tracy said...

Way to Go Sara Jo!

Sara Walker said...

Yay for you! I'm sorry I wasn't on top of wishing you luck before the race!