Today Lindsey and I went through a New Member Class at the church we are joining, Cahaba Park. We had one homework assignment: to write out our testimony and email it to the pastor. As I did that tonight, I thought that I would just copy it on over here...here is my story (in a very brief version).
When I was seven years old, I accepted Christ as my personal Savior and Lord while sitting at the dinner table with my mom. My parents had taught me about the Lord growing up, but it was that night that I prayed and gave my life to Jesus. Did I understand completely what I was doing? Probably not, by that night began my journey as a believer that would lead me to a more intimate relationship with Jesus.
There are two other times in the life that I can point to as significant times of growth. In middle school, I remember at a church camp coming to a deeper understanding of that commitment I had made as a seven year old. It was not just about the family I was born into, but now God's family that I was adopted into. The second period of growth was during college at Auburn. It was there, through Crusade, that I understood the sprit-filled life. It was not about me or what I could "do" for God, but about his supernatural work in my life.
As for now, I would definitely say that I am growing closer to the Lord each year. There is a deeper, closer walk with my Savior. I know that I will continue to grow now, not just through "exciting" camps and conferences, but through daily obedience in serving my family, having quiet times, sharing my faith with those around me, and now being part of Cahaba Park Church.
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

5 comments:
I'm so glad ya'll found a home to find community in. And I enjoyed reading your tmony, much like my own!
I'm so thankful to be part of your story. Times around the dinner table were special then and still are. Let's gather around soon. Love, Mom
thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing Sara! Im glad y'all found a Church to join:). Oh, and I posted above from a blog I was working on...but then had to delete it. Sorry!
Post a Comment