5.10.2009

graduation reflections



Well, we made it! We had a great celebration weekend with our family (my parents, lindsey's parents and bradford and anna). The ceremony was 5:30pm, and Lindsey had the privilege to give the student reflection speech. Afterwards, we had a great adult dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in town (yazoos). During dinner, we asked Lindsey some reflection questions like how have you changed in the last three years, what have you learned, would you do it all again, what would you do differently...I won't recite all of his answers, but I will say that as he shared, we both were overwhelmed, as we looked back over the last three years, at God's sovereignty in our lives and seeing his perfect plan play out.

Three years ago, we didn't want to come to U of A. BUT our plans were not Gods, and He made it very clear that this was where He was leading us. Now, looking back, it is even clearer to see. Quinn was two months old when we made the drive from Auburn to Tuscaloosa. Everything from the rapid sale of our house in Auburn, to finding this townhouse (those are 2 other stories), to our church and community of friends in T-town and on and on, it has been so clear that this is exactly where we were supposed to be.

As we move on, I want to keep that same faith of trusting God. He knows best, and I can follow him, even when I think my plan sounds a little better and safer. As our house is taking longer to sell, as Lindsey finishes Law Review work and studies for the BAR this summer, as we look for the right house for us in B'ham, as Lindsey begins work and is really busy, as we transition to a new city...I need to look back at how God has worked in our lives. If we seek him each day, I know he will keep us right in the center of his will.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations! You're right- God's plan is always better than ours! I look forward to seeing how the Lord will bless you in the next few years!

Tawnya said...

Great post, Sara! Thanks for the reminder that God's plan is always best! What a wonderful weekend for all of us! I'm so glad you guys were able to drop by Sat. We're back from the beach and now I've got to get some blogs posted!! Hope to catch up with you this week! :^)

Carolyn said...

So proud of the two of you!! Congrats! It's as though you BOTH have graduated!! Hope to see you in Birmingham sometime...it's a great city!! Carolyn