10.19.2011

Book review and getting organized


ok, so I know that picture is really small, but I'm trying to be quick because Connor is in a stage of taking 30 min naps. Seriously, it is impossible to get anything done in 30 min!

I got this book, "Organized Simplicity" a while back, and it is a great one! The author writes the blog simplemom.net, and has a great value system for keeping the main thing, the main thing. She covers a lot of topics from a family purpose statement, finances, how to not be so busy, and cleaning. Actually the second half of the book, goes room to room on cleaning and organizing your house.

One chapter in particular is about having a "Home Management Notebook". This was one idea that I really wanted to adopt because I don't have an office, and I have so many papers coming in and out the door, especially from school. Before I had a planner, but I also had a lot of scrap papers where I would write to do list, menu, etc. Now I have it all in one location. It is a three ring binder, and I also use a lot of clear sleeves, so I can change out pages easily. Here are a few of my pages:


simplemom.net has a lot of great free printables like grocery and cleaning checklist that I have put in there as well. I love using other people's great ideas!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Harwell said...

i just ordered this book per your recommendation! we need a little order around here!! thanks for sharing.