2.09.2010

It's never too late for resolutions

Yes, It's already February, but never too late to set a few goals. I spent a Sunday afternoon at Starbucks ALL BY MYSELF this past month and enjoyed reflecting back on 2009 and thinking ahead to 2010. I feel like it is good accountability for me to write some of my goals on the blog because when I tell other people, I have to follow through with them. Overall, my theme is to be more intentional. Here are some of the highlights:

Jesus-spend time with him everyday at 2pm
LCB-try to get away for a night each season
Quinn-teach more about Jesus (memorizing and listening to Bible)
Caroline-help her start talking :)
reading-start a book club
home-prepare meals ahead of time or cook more in crock-pot
hobby-scrapbook one night a week
friends-invite someone over each week for dinner

so, now ya'll are free to ask me how I'm doing/failing in these areas. I did say accountability.

4 comments:

The Muncies said...

check out the Once a Month Cooking cookbook -- it has helped me a ton to get stuff in the freezer!

Emily said...

Sara, when I was a newlywed and learning about hosting, I loved watching (and benefiting from!) how easily you can have folks over for dinner and provide a delicious meal at the drop of the hat. Great resolutions, and I like the intentional bit, too!

Sarah said...

Sara - So nice to find your blog! I feel so fortunate to have been on the recieving end of two of these resolutions. We feel so blessed to have the Boneys as neighbors! God has truly given you the gift of hospitality and you have a way of putting everyone at ease, making them feel loved and accepted.

Sara Walker said...

You started a book club! Good job! (I'm sure the other things are coming along too)