11.15.2008

just the girls today-one month old


Lindsey and Quinn went to the AU/GA game today, so Caroline and I are home alone.  We were planning on going to tailgate, but it was cool and really windy, so we opted to stay home and watch the game instead.  It is fun just to be able to spend time with her.  It does feel pretty quiet, but restful and productive. 

I can't believe that Caroline is a month old.  It really has gone by so fast.  We are all doing great. Physically I am tired, and I have had a cold, but I have completely recovered from labor.  She is sleeping great at night between feedings.  My only complaint is that she has a hard time falling asleep on her own.  We will have to be starting sleep boot camp soon to help her learn to fall asleep on her own better.  I have stuck that pacifier in too many times already, and I miss having my evenings after 8 without kids.  

Lindsey has been so helpful and encouraging to me.  When he comes home at 5:30, even though he has had a full day at school, he jumps in completely, especially with QB.  Quinn has been slightly obsessed with his daddy lately (understandably).   

I still have not had to cook a meal (other than heating things up), and I am so thankful for our church for that!

One really sad thing that happened 3 weeks ago, but I had not written about on the blog, was that I got in a car wreck with just me and the kids.  I was in Birmingham on 280 and could not stop in time and plowed into the SUV in front of me.  Thankfully we were all ok.  I was really shook up as well as really sore, and I had some bruises from the seat belt and air bag.  My camry was totaled, so I am currently driving a rental car and in the market for a new car or crossover suv.  It could have been a lot worse, but like I said, we were all fine.

I am really looking forward to the next couple of months.  Next week we are going to my parents for a couple days while Lindsey is out of town.  Then we have Thanksgiving and the AU/AL game here, then we will be getting ready for Christmas, and I can't wait.  I love decorating, the music, parties...the best part is that Lindsey will have some time off, and we are going to my sister's house in Branson, MO.   Stay tuned.


No comments: